09 December 2014

HOW I CLEAN MY MAKEUP BRUSHES

How I clean my makeup brushes. Dirty brushes everywhere! The dreaded task of cleaning makeup brushes doesn't have to be such a chore. I actually find it quite relaxing. I play some music or watch some of my favorite Youtubers while I wash a way the dirt and grime of old makeup. My method is quite simple and effective in cleaning and disinfecting my brushes.

HOW I CLEAN MAKEUP BRUSHES

PRODUCTS NEEDED
Water
Rubbing alcohol
Distilled white vinegar
Baby shampoo or dishwashing liquid
Clean light colored towel

METHOD
Pour some baby shampoo or dish liquid in a small bowl.
Fill a larger bowl with water.
Add a splash of vinegar and rubbing alcohol into the water.
Dip dirty brush into soap.
Swirl around in water mixture until clean.
Squeeze bristles to remove excess water.
Swirl around on clean towel to remove water and speed up dry time.
Lay out to dry.
Change water halfway through if you have a lot of brushes that are really grimy.

NOTES
I use rubbing alcohol and vinegar in my mixture, because I have found that vinegar helps to remove tough dried up liquid makeup more effectively and aids in disinfecting the brushes. Alcohol also helps to disinfect the brushes and also speeds up dry time. I like to change the water after I wash all my face brushes before moving on to clean my eyeshadow and other brushes. 

How do you clean your makeup brushes?

Connect with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1