28 July 2014

STACEY'S BATTLE #TeamStace | SUNDAY SIT DOWN

#TeamStace. The past week was a rather somber week for some, but mostly for one of my sweet blogger friends, Stacey from Expat Makeup Addict. You see, Stacey has been diagnosed with cervical cancer, and she has written a post all about it here, but I must warn you, your heart may hurt after reading it. 

I wanted to take some time out today to talk about cervical cancer awareness, because let's face it, most of us are women, and we all are at risk for cervical cancer, some of us more than most. If you're like me, you dread going to the doctor's office for your routine women's exam. It's uncomfortable, and it feels gross, but it's something we must be sure to stay on top of. I'll admit now, that I haven't gone this year, but as soon as my new insurance kicks in next month, the gynocologist will be my first stop. I haven't had any cervical cancer prevention shots either, so I'm going to go get that as well, asap. You should too, if you haven't already. I know it sucks, but it might save your life. 

Stacey's story has really scared me, and I'm not even the one with cancer. I can only imagine what Stacey is feeling, and it sucks that all I can do is offer her virtual hugs and support from all the way over here. It makes me mad that she has to go through this, and it makes me sad that I know she's scared as hell. But she's oh so strong, and I know she can get through this. I know you can, Stacey. 

Cancer is one of the scariest things to talk about for a lot of people. It's a serial killer, many times silent, and we've lost many loved ones from it. Leukemia and gastric cancers run in my family. It doesn't help that I have low blood pressure, am anemic, and have had digestive issues my whole life top that off with heart disease and diabetes, oh boy. I'm high risk, and that's scary. I know that I have to take care of myself as best I can, and I'm trying. Now, I'm probably going to try harder, since let's face it, I'm getting older. 

Stacey is going in for surgery this week, so if you pray, please pray for her. Send her all the good vibes you can. She's set up a #TeamStace Twitter here. Please, get on top of your health, if you've been putting it off. Don't let it blind side you. Please.

Do you have any experiences you want to share? Please do :).

Connect with me!

Meet Alan & Courtney from Southern Life NOLA!
A beautiful couple full of life and happiness, working together to create a sustainable and prosperous life all while helping others each step of the way. After battling thyroid cancer, Courtney turned to NeriumAD which helped lighten and reverse the scarring from surgery, and the results were amazing enough to prompt Alan and Courtney to join the Nerium team. Want to know more about this power couple? Check out their blog here, and their NeriumAD site here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1