14 May 2014

MAC RETRO MATTE LIPSTICK IN ALL FIRED UP

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up. Last weekend, I went on a little trip to Duty Free Shoppers (DFS) downtown. Being a tourist destination, we have duty free shops everywhere, which is good in the sense that I have access to some higher end makeup products. The whole "duty free" thing isn't that a big of a deal around here since we don't pay additional taxes at the register anywhere. All taxes are included in prices, so there are no surprises, which I really prefer. 

Anyway, I walked around for a little bit to see what products caught my eye. I purposely headed over to the MAC counter to see what kind of service I would get. Normally, they just ignore me or give me the stink-eye, but that day, they were exceptionally friendly. I perused the lipsticks and found Ruby Woo which has been on my watch list forever, and next to it was All Fired Up. I had to swatch them, and I have to say that I really liked the look of All Fired Up so much more than Ruby Woo. 

It's a fuchsia toned red that doesn't look very fuchsia-like, which is why this shade is confusing to me. In the tube it looks like a matte classic red, and on the lips it looks the same. In photographs though, the fuchsia comes through. I almost thought I was wearing a different lipstick when going through photos. Still, I LOVE this lipstick. I've already worn in several times, and I've... get this... reapplied this. *shocker! I never reapply, lol! 

It looks shiny in the photo, because there was a slight sheen of moisture when I opened up the tube for the first time. It's gone now, though. 

The formulation is Retro Matte, which is a little more matte and dry than the regular matte formula. I love it! I have discovered that I am a matte girl. I like me a good mattified lipstick that won't run all over the place or end up on my kids' face (or mine). I might have to pick up a few more from the retro matte line. Excited!

Application is smooth, but I do recommend exfoliating to get rid of any dry patches. I like to apply a really light layer of lip balm underneath, but this does shorten the lasting power. However, it's a little less drying that way, so I much prefer more moisture to lasting power.

Lasting power is decent at 4-5 hours without eating, and I do recommend a lip liner underneath for extended wear. If you're going to be eating or drinking, bring the tube along for a quick touch up.

MAC All Fired Up is a wearable red, especially if you're still a bit shy when it comes to bright lip colors. Okay, maybe I'm biased, because I love brights. Still, it's bold and beautiful, and I love it!

What's your favorite MAC lipstick? Do you have All Fired Up?

Connect with me!

Meet Laura, the beautiful girl from Demand Beauty. While focusing on her education, Laura turns to her blog for a nice distraction from the world of A-levels. Head on over to say hi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1