15 May 2014

MAYBELLINE THE ROCKET VOLUM' EXPRESS WATERPROOF MASCARA

Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara. My obsession with mascara has currently been trumped by my new lipstick obsession. However, I still need a really good mascara for every day use. Like I've said before, my eyelashes are stubborn, stick straight Asian eyelashes (thanks parents). They're pretty long, but unless I curl them, I still look like a boy, so an outstanding mascara is a must. Maybelline's waterproof mascaras have always been my staples. They pretty much all do the same thing, as long as it's waterproof. The regular formulas don't stand a chance.

My gorgeous friend Kallie over at But first, coffee has raved about Maybelline's the Rocket so much, and after much hesitation, I bought the sucker. Only to realize I had picked up Brownish Black instead of Blackest Black. Good job, Ashlynn (that's me, by the way). Still, I decided to give it a go, and this is what happened.

That blue and hot pink packaging - love! The wand is rubberized plastic with about a million bristles all around. It grabs each and every lash, even the tiny little beasts at the inner corners of the eyes adding volume and length. Before each use, I like to scrape the brush across the top of the tube to remove the excess, since there is a ton of product on there. You really don't need all that, so I just get it off and apply what's left. The result is longer and thicker lashes, just as promised. Even this brownish black nonsense looks intense.

And here's how the Rocket works on my lashes. Pretty darn amazing, if I do say so myself. Will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out. 

Removal is normal for every waterproof mascara. You need an oil-based remover to get it off. My recommendation is L'Oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. It's a dream and super cheap. 

On my lips - MAC All Fired Up
On my nails -Sinful Colors Starfish

Have you tried Maybelline the Rocket mascara? What do you think? Yay or nay? What's you're holy grail mascara?

Connect with me!

Meet Laura, the beautiful girl from Demand Beauty. While focusing on her education, Laura turns to her blog for a nice distraction from the world of A-levels. Head on over to say hi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1