28 July 2013

Death of a Lipstick and Walmart Online Store Review

I said in a previous post that I'll be writing a review on my shopping experience on the Walmart website. Just thinking about it is already making my blood boil... so, I do apologize in advance if I display a bit of anger towards the place. Grrrr!

My latest purchases were at Walmart online, and I ordered a bunch of things for myself as a birthday treat from my husband :D. I place the order on July 13, and it is now July 28. I have only received 3 of the 20 products I ordered - 2 lipsticks and a blush/bronzer duo. Each of those products came separately, in their own box big enough to hold 1 or 2 DSLR cameras with space to spare. I don't get it. They're SO wasteful!

I probably should have learned the first time I ordered makeup from them, which was a couple of months ago. I ordered the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, and it came in a huge box as well. The worst part was that the powder wasn't sealed, no wrapper or sticker in sight, AND someone had swatched it. I ordered a return and sent it back. It took about a month to get back to them, and they should have shipped me a new one. I received an e-mail saying they did, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ok, so on to the next beauty product. I ordered Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor in Neon Red, and when that arrived, I was SO excited. Again, I got another HUGE box, but whatever. Here's the lipstick.


Well, there you go. I call it Death of a Lipstick. I was crushed! I was so excited only to be devastated a few seconds after. Gaahh!!! I was mad. Hubby was really mad. I've ordered a return for it, and I don't want to deal with the replacement. I just want my refund.

The next product that came in was the Flower Glow Baby Glow Blush/Bronzer Duo that I reviewed here, and that came sealed and in tact, still in a huge box, but it was OK. Phewww!

Next one that came in was a Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in #10. I didn't take a photo of when I first took it out of the box (I should've!), but it came with a piece of masking tape (the beige kind) wrapped around it, holding it closed (-_-). I checked to see if it had been swatched, because I'm used to this by now. It was slightly swatched. You could tell someone had run it on their hand or something. I didn't order a return. I just sprayed alcohol all over the lipstick, hoping not to ruin it, and let it sit for a while and did it again. Then I wiped it off, hoping the germs had died. If they didn't - oh well. I'm just sick of it. I'm not even looking forward to the rest of my package, which is still stuck somewhere in California...

In a nutshell, Walmart online is SO TERRIBLE. It's too early to be this angry, so I'll end this here. Next time, we'll do a happy post! :)

So what do you think of this experience? Have you had anything like this happen to you? I would really love the hear it. :) Thanks for reading as always.

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1