28 July 2013

Pimples Be Gone

Ok, getting over the horrid Walmart experience, I bring you some good stuff!

You know how they say that only teens have pimples/acne. Well, that's completely false. Adults get acne too, sometimes even if they've never had a spot in their entire life. I've had pimples since I was 10 years old, because I hit puberty pretty early, and that's also probably why I'm so short with baby feet. Back then, to remedy my pimple situation, I would just pop them or douse them in some solution that contained way too much alcohol. If you know what Eskinol is, give me a high five in the comments!

Anyway, now that I'm older and learning more about what's good for my skin and what's not going to work, I ditched the Eskinol and have turned to products that contain benzoyl peroxide (BP). BP is said to increase cell turnover, clean out pores, and reduce bacteria count within the pores. In other words, it's supposed to kill the life out of that zit, since spots, zits, pimples, and acne, feed off of bacteria (gross). I've learned that salicylic acid products don't work for me, so I only get products with BP in them. So far, so good. My holy grail pimple zapper is:

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

It comes in a little tube that measures 2.5 x 1.5 inches (not including the cap). It's filled with product, so it will last a really long time. There is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, so I assume that's a good enough amount for my type of spots. Some may need more or less. 


You just squeeze a little bit of product out of the spout, but be sure to clean up any residue, because it will build up and get crusty...


This is what the formula looks like. It's not too thick and not too thin. It's slowly running down due to the force of gravity, but it's not at all runny or gloopy. There is a slight scent, but it's nothing I would complain about. You only need enough to cover the spot and massage it in. After washing my face, I like to dab it onto my spots, massage it in and then add a little more on top, patting down like I would concealer. I follow up with my moisturizer after to hydrate my skin. I do this when I feel the tingling sensation that is a spot announcing itself, getting ready to break through the skin or even when the spot has fully emerged. By the next day, my spot is dried up and receding. The skin around it is not dry, so I'm happy for that as many products dry out the surrounding skin along with the spot. This costs around $7-9 at my local Kmart, so check around your drugstores. 

I have to say that it probably won't work on cystic acne, because I think that's a completely different type of acne that may need hydrocortisone instead. Ask your dermatologist if you can. 

*I am not a skin expert, I am only a me expert. What works for me may not work for you, so don't take my word as gold. I do however, enjoy your company on my blog :).

What products work best for when you have a spot? Any holy grails you'd like to share with me? I'd love it if you would! :)

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1