16 October 2014

MAYBELLINE VOLUM' EXPRESS THE MEGA PLUSH MASCARA

Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush Mascara. When I discovered that Maybelline had discontinued my beloved One by One mascara, my heart broke just a little bit. One by One (Waterproof) was my all-time, holy grail, favorite mascara. Ever. Now, it's gone. I'll have to cherish my last bottle to the very last drop. Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a new favorite, and since Maybelline waterproof formulas deliver pretty decent results, I picked up the Mega Plush mascara in Very Black, Waterproof. 

MAYBELLINE VOLUM' EXPRESS THE MEGA PLUSH MASCARA
The Mega Plush wand has traditional bristles that are short on the ends and get longer towards the middle. In the middle of the wand is a flexible area that allows the wand to bend during application. To be honest, the bendy wand makes the mascara somewhat difficult to apply as it flexes as I brush through my lashes depositing a very light coat. This requires a few applications in order to gain the desired finish of longer, thicker lashes. The formula does, however, hold a curl pretty well as it is light and dries quickly. After several hours of wear, the formula does not smudge or smear on my lower lid and continues to lock the curl in place. 
The photo above shows one (1) coat on manually curled lashes. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the formula of the Mega Plush Mascara as it holds the curl pretty well. However, I do wish that Maybelline would bring back the One by One (Waterproof). I miss it already.

What are your thoughts on this mascara if you've tried it? What is your favorite drugstore mascara?

Connect with me!

Have you seen my latest video?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1