12 February 2014

SALLY HANSEN SUGAR SHIMMER IN SUGAR PLUM SWATCHES AND REVIEW

I'm not one for textured nail polish, but I saw the Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer nail polishes in stock and had to grab a few shades to try out. The first shade I'll share with you is entirely Valentine's appropriate - Sugar Plum, a beautiful soft pink with gold shimmer. Stunning.

For the color payoff, I found that Sugar Plum applies quite sheer, however, you get a more intense color payoff when applied in several layers. Again, I'm not a fan of the texture, so I "cheated" and applied a baby pink polish underneath - CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstini in Pink Baby - a baby pink with silver microshimmer. I must say they work well together, and I really like how this mani turned out!

The Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer nail polishes are similar in texture to the "liquid sand" textures that have been popping up lately. The formula applies smoothly (to my surprise) and dries quickly. Still, I opted to add a quick drying top coat to add extra shine and a bit of smoothness. 

Lasting power is pretty strong. I'm going on my fourth day with just a bit of tip wear - I wash a lot of dishes. So far, so good! 

You can pick up the Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer nail polishes at your local drugstore for about $6 a bottle. Not too bad!

Have you tried this or other textured nail polishes? What do you think of them? 

post signature
Email AshFollow on TwitterFollow on InstagramFollow on PinterestFollow on BloglovinFollow on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1