23 June 2014

ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR STAY-IN-PLACE FLAWLESS WEAR CONCEALER

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. Every day is a battle against the heat and humidity, and even though it would make more sense to not wear any makeup at all, I refuse to give in! Being a huge fan of the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (review here), I was really excited when they came out with a concealer to add to the range. I've been trialling it for a couple of months now, and here are my thoughts.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
When they say Double Wear, they mean business. This concealer is full coverage with no shimmer at all. It dries quickly, and it dries matte, just like the Double Wear foundation. The formula is thick and creamy, which does result in cakiness if applied too thickly. What I like to do is swipe a stripe on my hand, take a small fluffy brush (like an eyeshadow blending brush), dip it into the concealer, and apply to under my eyes and any areas that need extra coverage. When used lightly, it doesn't cake up and settle into lines. 

I got the shade 10 Extra Light. Choosing a shade was somewhat difficult, since I'm a combination of the shades Light and Extra Light, so I went with the lighter shade. It wouldn't make much sense to go with a darker shade of concealer anyway.

Lasting power is at least 8 hours of the day. I've used this for over 10 hours, and it shows a bit of fading, but not enough to warrant a touch up. If I have a stubborn blemish or acne scar, this concealer will cover that sucker up like no one's business. Good-bye spots! This is not meant to be used for highlighting as it's a bit too thick, but covering up dark areas and spots, it does the trick.

Have you tried Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer? What's your favorite full coverage concealer?

Connect with me!

Meet Julie, The Salt Life Wife
One of the sweetest women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing through blogging, Julie is on a journey, battling infertility. Beauty blogging and vlogging her life helps keep her positive, and that's one of the most inspirational things, her positivity. You just can't help but love her! She's started over from scratch, so head on over to her blog and her channel to show her some #bbloggers love! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1