04 June 2014

THE GREAT GATSBY HAIR AND MAKEUP | INSPIRATION

The Great Gatsby Hair and Makeup. I need to make a confession. I have yet to watch the movie. BUT I did see a whole bunch of tutorials and photos recreating the hair and makeup from that time, so I was inspired to try it out myself. Here's my take on it. Flawless base, smoky eyes, red lips, and curls.

I haven't done a proper tutorial on this look, mostly because I wasn't sure what I was going to do. So, I played around with my makeup and hair a little bit, and that is the finished look. I curled my hair and swept it to the side, and I also pinned it up with loose pieces falling around my face to see which look I liked better. I think I like it pinned up better. 

If you'd like to see which photos I took inspiration from, you can view them here and here. You can also just do a Pinterest search for Great Gatsby Hair or Makeup - that's what I did. There are so many beautiful recreations that inpsire!

What do you think of this look? Have you/will you try it out? 

Connect with me!

Meet Julie, The Salt Life Wife
One of the sweetest women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing through blogging, Julie is on a journey, battling infertility. Beauty blogging and vlogging her life helps keep her positive, and that's one of the most inspirational things, her positivity. You just can't help but love her! She's started over from scratch, so head on over to her blog and her channel to show her some #bbloggers love! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1