06 May 2014

SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL STATEMENT NECKLACE

Swarovski Crystal Statement Necklace. The past few days have been dragging by, and I think my creative nerves are itching to be used. So...I decided to make a necklace. This one is different from the types of necklaces I usually make. This one was completely constructed (besides the cord) by me. I thought it turned out pretty well. It was rather simple too, so I'll share it with you for some crafting inspiration.

How I made this super sparkly beauty.

SUPPLIES (Favorite place for jewelry parts here)
Swarovski Pearls
Swarovski Crystal Bicones
Swarovski Crystal Hearts
Swarovski Crystal Teardrops
Stainless Steel and Sterling Silver Metal Disks (size depends on the size of your beads)
Faux Leather Cord
E-6000 Glue
Parchment/Wax Paper

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Work in a well-ventilated area. Breathing fumes = BAD.
  • Use the parchment/wax paper as your work surface and drying surface. The glue and beads won't stick to it.
  • Plan out the shapes you want to make out of your beads.
  • Take a metal disk and plop some glue on top, making sure to use enough so the beads sink a little less than halfway in. This ensures the beads won't just fall off. The disk provides a flat surface under the beads, making it easier to glue to the cord.
  • Take your beads and form the shapes you want on top of the disk. I made flower-type designs and a more complicated shape that looks kind of like a floral ice cream cone.
  • Let the pieces sit on the parchment until the glue dries.
  • Cut your cord. You'll want a double wrap for more stability.
  • Fold the cord in half and shape it into a U - the shape it will make when you wear it. 
  • Make a knot on each end like this. This will be the clasp.


  • Glue the pieces on wherever you please. I started in the middle and worked out from there.

Once again, my first handmade statement necklace. Not too bad, yeah?


Don't forget to enter my giveaway! Lots of beauty goodies!

Connect with me!

Meet Laura, the beautiful girl from Demand Beauty. While focusing on her education, Laura turns to her blog for a nice distraction from the world of A-levels. Head on over to say hi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1