11 April 2014

SHU UEMURA EYELASH CURLER (ORIGINAL SILVER)

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. Stick straight eyelashes are the bane of my existence. Okay, that's a bit dramatic, but really, curled lashes make such a huge difference to how the face looks. They open up the eyes, making them appear more friendly and inviting... oh and yes, flirtatious. I have the standard stick, straight, pointing-downwards Asian eyelashes (yes, I am Asian - 2 kinds, actually). I've tried several different eyelash curlers in the past 10 years or so, both manual and electric, but the only one that has ever really worked for me consistently is the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - the original silver one to be exact. I've repurchased this a few times already.

The Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is a cult beauty product, a holy grail for many (myself included). It looks like a standard eyelash curler with silver hardware and a black rubber strip. So where's the magic? Heck if I know. All I know is that it works for me. There's something about the way it's made (possibly) that makes it work. It takes my lashes from blah to ooh-la-la! Well, maybe not, but they look a whole lot better for sure. What do you think?

Method. Make sure lashes are dry. Even slightly damp lashes won't curl properly, if at all. So if you just took a shower or are sweating, chill out first. Let your lashes dry. Next, I like to tilt my head up so that I can get as close to the base of the lashes as possible for maximum lift. I hold that for a few seconds then move up and hold a few times until I get the curl that I want. It doesn't take too long. Sometimes I'll get kinks in my lashes, because I clamped down too hard. Don't do that. Relax and take your time. It's not a race. Better to be late than have no eyelashes....

Cons. As with many products, there are some cons, not always deal-breakers, but cons nonetheless. The con with this product is that sometimes I pinch myself. That could be because my eyes are too small or that I'm just a noob. Could be both, ha! This only happens when I'm in a rush though, so I try to take my time when curling my lashes, and of course, always look in the mirror while I do so. 

Worth the hype? For me, yes, definitely. I can't live without it. Well, I can, but let's not. Plus, it only costs $12 here, so I think I'm getting a bargain. This retails for $20 at department stores and online here.

There is a gold version as well. If you're thinking of getting that one, check out this review by Gemma (Miss Makeup Magpie) first. I'm thinking they're made a little differently, but who knows. Only Shu Uemura does.

What's your favorite eyelash curler? Have you tried the Shu Uemura curler? Thoughts?


Connect with me!

Meet Rikki Poynter - a beautiful woman with a feisty attitude. She loves makeup and is a proud representative of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) Community. Follow her blog and subscribe to her Youtube Channel for in-depth reviews and tutorials - you'll LOVE her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1