26 September 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper in Cherry on Top

It's almost the weekend, and I am very excited for this one in particular. I have a little getaway planned for my little family, so it should be fun! The best thing about living in a tourist destination is that the prices drop, great packages surface, and locals get fantastic discounts at the hotels during non-peak season. I'll try to take pics to show you all. :)

Anyway, in my last post, I showed you all my little beauty haul, and among those products were a few Maybelline Color Sensational Color Whisper Lipcolors. Today, I'm busting out Cherry on Top.

I purchased this online at Drugstore.com, but you can find them at your local drugstore. Be sure to look for great deals. These cost me $5.99 each compared to their original price tag of $7.49.



The packaging of the Color Whispers is nice. The lipstick is encased in a silver tube with a gray sticker label on the bottom displaying the shade number, code, and name. The color of the cover is similar to the color of the lipstick. Cherry on Top has a bright pink cover meaning the lipstick within is a similar bright pink shade as well. Easy.

I like that it's really slim, and I could probably fit it in my pocket if I wanted to. For now, it lives in my handbag.



The shade looks pretty strong in the tube, but when applied to the lips, it leaves more of a glossy tint. Depending on the shade, the tint may be stronger or brighter. Cherry on Top is one of the stronger shades.


The formulation of Cherry on Top is silky smooth, and gives a sheer wash of color that is buildable. It's moisturizing on the lips and leaves a glossy finish. My favorite part is that it leaves behind a stain on the lips when it fades, so it still looks like I'm wearing something on my lips.

I've seen the Color Whispers compared to the Revlon Lip Butters, and I think the Lip Butters are more creamy while the Color Whispers are more glossy. That's just my opinion though. However, I do prefer the Color Whispers to the Lip Butters.

Do you own any of the Color Whispers? Your thoughts? 

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1