22 August 2013

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy Review and Swatches

Urban Decay released their new range of lipsticks called the Revolution Lipsticks. There are 22 amazing shades ranging from nudes to corals and pinks to reds and vamps. There is definitely a shade, or two, for everyone. Today, I get to share Anarchy with you!

Urban Decay describes these lipsticks as:

"Creamy, badass luxury. Our Pigment Infusion System™ delivers insane color payoff with creamy shine, Maxi-Lip™ plumps and nourishing oils leave lips cushiony soft."



The little one on the left is the lipstick sample I received in my Ipsy bag for August. They sent me the shade Anarchy, which is gorgeous! The one on the right is the full size Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick, and I have the shade Turn On, which will be reviewed at a later time. 



The packaging is absolutely gorgeous with a "metal" finish casing and the Urban Decay initials embossed on the top. The sample lipstick is encased in a smooth bullet, but the full-size bullet has wave-like form to it. It's quite nice. The name of the shade is placed neatly on the bottom of the bullet on a sticker the same color as the lipstick. No need to guess what name goes with which shade. Awesome. The one thing about the smooth, metal finish is that fingerprints do tend to stick. That's doesn't bother me, but I thought I'd let you know in the case that it would bother you. ;)


Here is the beloved Anarchy. It is a beautiful vivid, bright pink with blue/purple undertones. When I first saw this shade, I fell in love with it. I wanted it, but I wasn't sure it would match me. I was so happy that I received it in my Ipsy bag this month - I'd definitely get the full size when I run out. 


This is a one swipe swatch, and as you can see, it is insanely pigmented (sorry it's a bit blurry). I applied this to my lips with no problem, even though I had a few dry patches. I was really amazed that the formula didn't stick to them - score! I drank some water, and though there was transfer to the glass, it didn't look like anything had come off of my lips. The formula is really moisturizing and not drying at all. After I removed the lipstick with a makeup remover wipe, there was a stain left behind on my lips. It's nice, like a just bitten look. 


Here's a photo of me, wearing Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy. It's such a pretty color, and I think it matches me quite well. I love it! Up next on my wish list are Catfight, Streak, F-Bomb, Native, Fiend, and all of the other pink and red shades, haha!

What do you think? Do you have any of the new Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks? What shades would you like to have? 

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1