14 August 2013

Essie Avenue Maintain and a Bit of Sparkle

Essie has some amazing shades, and Avenue Maintain is one of them. This shade is part of the Spring 2013 collection, and is a gorgeous blue that is oh-so-chic and one of my personal favorites. It's described by Essie as:
"fashionably adroit, this lovely Parisian blue nail lacquer channels the je ne sais quoi of the capital of chic."

Well, I couldn't have said it better myself. 

Essie Avenue Maintain


I picked up the Spring 2013 mini set that came with 4 other lovely shades for $18 at a local shop. I think that's a pretty good price for 4 minis. At least there's  chance I might finish them off. 


I wanted to pair this pretty blue with a glitter mix that I made myself. My glitter creation consists of baby blue diamonds, white squares, and multi-colored holo glitters suspended in a clear base. I quite like it. I was inspired to use it by Chelle's post over at Cosmetic Cupcake. Hers is more of a teal/aqua mix, but similar enough for me to want to use mine too. 



This specific formula applied surprisingly well. It's a bit patchy in some spots, but that's because I'm blind and didn't see it until I was editing the photos, so my apologies if that bothers you. Other than that, it was a quick and smooth application.

Shown is one coat of Avenue Maintain, one coat of glitter mix on accent nails and one coat of Seche Vite on plain nails. I applied a second coat of Seche Vite on the glitter mix, just to ensure that the glitter stays where it belongs.


What do you think of Essie's Avenue Maintain? Do you have this shade? 

Like what you see? Follow me :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1