How to get more followers. Let's face it, numbers do matter. Not follower count - view count. Numbers show how your blog is progressing and how your audience is responding to it. You can tell when a blogger worked really hard to get to where they are. If our numbers are stagnant, it's always helpful to take a step back and analyze our blog to see what we can do to improve. I'm not a professional of any sort, but I do try to pay attention, so I want to share some of what I've learned in the past year that I've been blogging. FYI, I don't mean to sound rude in any of the points - I'm just a bit expressive, lol! So here we go.
1. Blog design matters, but it should be unique to you. This is the first thing people see, so let your personality shine through.
2. Comment on other blogs and respond to comments on your posts. Communicate with the community. Make friends!
3. Quality content is important. Don't just throw something together. Take your time and add nice photos (bright, large, focal) to break up large chunks of text. Also, spellcheck and grammar check. Your and you're, definitely and defiantly, macaron and macaroon - use the proper one.
4. Social media involvement. Twitter - yes! Instgram - sure. Facebook - maybe. I hear tons of complaints about Facebook, so I personally don't bother with it. Twitter is a great way to network. Join chats like #bbloggers or #fblchat. If you're a lifestyle blogger, there's #lbloggers chat too. Most importantly, talk to your followers and the people you're following. Make your existence known, help each other out, answer questions, and be kind. Always be kind.
5. Ignore the rude comments but take into consideration the criticism and round out your point of view. Give yourself room to grow.
6. Give it time. Great blogs weren't born in a day or 30. It takes a while, so just breathe and enjoy the ride!
DON'T! These should go without saying, but I'll say them anyway...
1. Ask for S4S, follow for follow, etc. Don't do that. It's annoying, and you'll most likely be ignored or worse - blocked.
2. Follow people and then unfollow when they follow you back. Firstly, that's incredibly rude. Secondly, they can see you do it.
3. Spam your links on comment sections. Again, this will get you blocked. If you're going to comment, make it a kind, quality comment that relates to the post and then leave your link after your comment. Otherwise, don't.
4. Gossip and trash talk. I don't even need to explain how unnecessary and rude it is.
5. Copying other bloggers. Yes, we blog about the same things a lot of the time, but make it your own - don't rip off someone else's hard work. And don't steal photos!
What are some of your tips for growing your following?
Connect with me!
Meet Rikki Poynter - a beautiful woman with a feisty attitude. She loves makeup and is a proud representative of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) Community. Follow her blog and subscribe to her Youtube Channel for in-depth reviews and tutorials - you'll LOVE her!