22 April 2014

BLOGGING BACKGROUND DECOR | BLOGGING TIPS

Blogging background decor. If I had access to an Ikea, believe me, I'd have the same Alex drawers and Malm desks that everyone seems to have. Sadly, I don't have the pleasure of perusing the Ikea aisles with delight. Another store that I'm obsessed with and can't afford - PBTeen. Oh, yes! 
Anyway, I make do with what I have access to, and if you notice in my Youtube videos and photos, I change it up every so often. I get bored really quickly, so I move things around. When you're contemplating your photo or video backgrounds, I only have a few tips and tricks.
  • Keep it clean and clutter free.
  • Make sure nothing looks like it's sticking out of your head (ie. lamps, books...).
  • Light it up with something warm (ie. a lit candle, fairy lights, a lamp...), especially if you're taking photos or videos in studio lighting. 
  • Make it yours. No one wants the same background as everyone else, so do something special with it.


These shelves came with the condo. Not so pretty, but I put some pretty things to distract the eye. Books, plushes, candles, cute storage, blogging books, an old polaroid camera, and a picture frame with a printout of the word DREAM

Under the lower shelf, I strung up some warm Christmas lights and let the rest lay across my standing book case to light up my photos. I take my photos on the empty white space between my polishes and glass bowl full of new makeup products. I like to use clear storage, because it looks cleaner and showcases products wonderfully.

This glass bowl is filled with new beauty products and samples. Recently, I switched it out for a cute wire Easter basket. If you've seen my Instagram feed (follow me for pretty photos and yummy food!), I shared a photo of the basket I got from the Easter clearance sale. It's ADORABLE!

I store all of my nail polishes in these clear bins. I couldn't find ones without holes, but these do just fine. I have a couple on top of the book case and a few in the cubbies below. 

So there you have my decor ideas. What are some of your blogging decor tips and tricks? 
Don't forget to enter my May Ad Space Giveaway for your chance to be featured below my blog posts in May! :)

Connect with me!


Meet Rikki Poynter - a beautiful woman with a feisty attitude. She loves makeup and is a proud representative of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) Community. Follow her blog and subscribe to her Youtube Channel for in-depth reviews and tutorials - you'll LOVE her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1