22 January 2014

NAKED PRINCESS NAKED SHINE LIP GLOSS | REVIEW AND SWATCHES

Lip gloss is not my thing. However, when I was asked to try the Naked Princess beauty products, I chose the Naked Princess Naked Shine Lip Gloss, because I was quite enchanted by the packaging. The swirly florals got me good. I chose two shades out of the six neutral nudes in the Naked Shine line, and here are my thoughts.
Naked Princess is a luxury beauty and boudoir line that specializes in luxurious bath & beauty products and also sensual loungewear and lingerie. Also, they are cruelty free. You can read more about Naked Princess here.

The Naked Shine Lip Gloss comes in 6 different nude shades. I chose Barely Rose and Barely Coral to try out. The packaging is a thick clear tube that's either made of glass or acrylic. I can't tell, but it is rather weighty. The lid/handle is a sleek pewter shade holding a standard doefoot applicator on the end. 

The formula is smooth and isn't sticky, which is an ultimate plus for me. They can be applied in a thin layer for sheer color or layered on for a more intense color payoff. The Naked Shine glosses contain oils, beeswax, and other ingredients that provide a gentle lip treatment as well as a gentle lip plumping action. I did notice a slight tingling feeling while wearing these, but it wasn't at all irritating on my lips. Both glosses smell of cocoa and vanilla, and I quite like it to be honest. Smells delicious. 

The shades are true to their names. Barely Coral is a sheer pinky-coral shade, and Barely Rose is a sheer dusty rose with tiny shimmer particles that don't translate as shimmery or gritty on the lips. What you get is a sheer wash of pretty color. 
The only downside of these Naked Princess Naked Shine Lip Glosses is in fact the price. As it is a luxury beauty line, the price comes at a steep $26 each here. Well, maybe now you can add it to your Christmas/Birthday wish list! :)

Have you tried or heard of the Naked Princess line before? What do you look for in a luxury lip gloss?
post signature
Email AshFollow on TwitterFollow on InstagramFollow on PinterestFollow on BloglovinFollow on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1