05 August 2013

Nail of the Week: Racy Red and Birthday Babe

I haven't done a nail post in a while, so here's one for you! I've been feeling red a lot lately - don't know why, but I love red. I'd wear it every day if no one stopped me or if I had enough red to wear. This mani is really simple, and I just love how silver looks next to the bright red. It's kind of Christmas-y, but whatever - Christmas in Summer. That's how I roll. ;).

I used Maybelline Express Finish 50 Second Nail Color in Racy Red and OPI Birthday Babe on my accent nail. The Maybelline 50 Second range is one of my favorites, because of how fast the formula dries and I can get them for $4.99 at my local Kmart, which is not bad. I haven't timed it to see if it was actually 50 seconds, but it's pretty fast, especially for someone who stuffs up their nails right after they've been painted. It never fails, so I have to take photos right after, and even then, my right hand (the hand I'll never show) is always messed up by the time I pick up my camera, haha! Oh, and I only used 1 coat for an opaque finish. The color is really bright, and I especially love it for my toes. 

The OPI formula of Birthday Babe is creamy and easy to apply, but I did need 2 coats for an opaque finish. It's more of a creamy silver instead of a metallic silver, if that makes sense. Still pretty in my eyes. The formula doesn't dry fast, but I just waited a few minutes and applied a coat of Seche Vite to all my nails. After a few more minutes of singing to myself, I was good to go. Photo time!

The brushes are similar with OPI's brush being a bit more round, but they both felt the same and application wasn't difficult or streaky. 




Please excuse whatever that is on my pinky...it was gone when I checked to see what it was :/

Where to buy:
Maybelline 50 Second Nail Color has been discontinued, but you might be able to find some hanging around your drugstores. Maybelline recommends their Color Show range as a replacement, but I'm honestly not a fan of that formula.

OPI can be found in so many places, I won't even bother to recommend any :P.

Thoughts? Do you have these shades or anything similar? What nail combo are you feeling today?

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1