24 September 2015

REST AND RELAXATION IDEAS | HOW I UNWIND

We all have days that push us to our limits, and while it would be nice to always be able to think of pretty unicorns and rainbows, sometimes we just need to take a step away from those stressors and breathe. I work in an emergency room during the night when normal people would be sleeping. I do love my job and the people I work with, but even then, I need to unwind after long, crazy nights. I'll share some ideas with you!

Healthy Dinner
I usually come home starving, because when I am stressed, I like to eat. Since I've been on a health kick lately, I've been choosing more healthy options. I've been enjoying a warm bowl of oatmeal and berries or eggs over-medium with avocado. It's good for me and fills me up nicely. 
Netflix and Tea
My current favorite teas are Dandelion Root and Green teas. I curl up in my nice cozy bed and drink my tea while watching my shows - NCIS, Haven, Bitten, and Witches of East End. What are some of your favorite shows to watch? My friends have suggested Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones over and over again.
Browsing Social Media
I like to catch up on my favorites on Instagram and Pinterest. Just scrolling through my feeds gives me inspiration to work on my own projects and also allows me to support other accounts. I follow a lot of beauty, food, musician, and design accounts, so come check me out!
Listening to Music
Blasting music while I lie in bed under the covers gives me so much comfort. I enjoy singing along and falling asleep while the music plays in the background. I love listening to Marianas Trench, Anthem Lights, Travis Atreo, among many wonderful other artists. 
Beauty Rest
Lastly, catching up on much needed sleep is essential for stress relief. I sleep during the day which is a challenge in itself, so getting more than four hours is essential. My catch up days usually consist of 9-13 hours of sleep, and those are really enjoyable!

How do you like to unwind after a stressful day or night?

Connect with me!

Check out my latest video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1