15 April 2014

NYX POWDER BLUSH IN SILKY ROSE REVIEW & SWATCHES

NYX Powder Blush in Silky Rose. Within the span of a year, NYX has become one of my favorite brands. They're really churning out the good stuff with their amazing and affordable blushes, bases, liners, and their cult "Butter" products. I have yet to try any of said Butter products, but hold on, I'll get there soon enough. I have a couple of NYX blushes in my collection, and today, I shall share with you, Silky Rose.

The blush is encased in a black plastic rounded square pot with a clear lid, so you can tell what color is in each pot. It isn't very sturdy and feels quite cheap, however that is factored into their price. Shade names are labeled on the back of each product along with ingredients and other information that no one really looks at. 

NYX powder blushes go on effortlessly sheer but can be built up to your liking. It lasts for hours, and as is standard, the powder is 'embossed' with a 3-D quilted pattern. Silky Rose is a beautiful shimmer-free medium dusty rose that's not too pink nor too brown. It'll suit just about anyone. The powder is soft to the touch yet doesn't kick up when I swirl my brush around. I only need to swirl a couple of times, because it is very pigmented. Tap off the excess and with a light hand, apply onto cheeks with my favorite brush. My brush of choice is the Real Techniques Contour Brush. It picks up just enough product and blends it seamlessly onto my skin.

If you like a good budget blush with excellent pigmentation and a great range of shades (27 shades), you might want to check these out. At $5 a pop on NYX's website, you really can't go wrong!

Do you have any NYX blushes? What are your favorite shades?

Connect with me!

Meet Rikki Poynter - a beautiful woman with a feisty attitude. She loves makeup and is a proud representative of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) Community. Follow her blog and subscribe to her Youtube Channel for in-depth reviews and tutorials - you'll LOVE her!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1