14 January 2014

MAYBELLINE COLOR ELIXIR IN BLUSH ESSENCE REVIEW AND SWATCHES

The Maybelline Color Elixir in Blush Essence is the first of these lip wonders that I've tried out. These Color Elixirs were released a few months back, and I first saw them on EssieButton's Youtube channel. She was raving about them in several videos. There are 20 shades in all, ranging from nudes to reds and pinks to deep purples, so there's something for everyone.

Of course, I grabbed a few shades. I didn't even care how much they cost. Then again, I should've checked, because I'm sure I was ripped off by Kmart. I paid $11.99 each, when you can get the Maybelline Color Elixirs from Ulta or any drugstore that stocks them for around $8.99. 
The packaging consists of rectangular acrylic tube that's shaped like a lipstick tube. The coolest part is the inner tube is shaped like a lipstick. Tricks, haha! Fingerprints stick to the cap though, so beware. 

Blush Essence is one of the more neutral shades, a sort of your lips but better type of tint. It's perfect for anyone, because it really just makes your lips look smooth and supple. The Color Elixirs apply like a gloss, using the spade-shaped applicator, and there is no need to re-dip, because the applicator picks up just enough product (in my opinion of course). The formula is wonderful. It's glossy but not sticky at all, and it lasts quite a while, even with eating and drinking. After it fades, it leaves a stain behind, leaving my lips with a nice rosy tint. 



Have you tried any of the Maybelline Color Elixirs? Which shades do you have or want to try? I think I really want more, haha!

post signature
Email AshFollow on TwitterFollow on InstagramFollow on PinterestFollow on BloglovinFollow on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1