17 October 2013

Lipstick Sandwich | Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick #10 and Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Cranberry

Phew look at that title! It's quite a mouthful, but hey, I didn't name these products. Tonight, I'm going to share with you my autumn lip preference, and even though we don't have autumn around here, I still really like autumn colors. I think deep reds are really pretty, don't you?

Summary of my thoughts on Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick #10
#110 is a bright, glossy red that is reminiscent of pin-up style lipstick. 
The packaging is a slim, lightweight black tube with Kate and a heart printed on the cap. The cap clicks into place, but it isn't the most sturdy packaging. 
The formula of the lipstick is smooth, creamy, and glides onto lips easily. It's glossy, but because it's such a bright, pigmented shade, it lasts longer than a lighter color would. I would say it lasts around 3-4 hours and leaves behind a nice stain. 
At $5.49 at Ulta and most drugstores, you really can't go wrong. 


My thoughts on Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Cranberry
Cranberry is a deep berry red, a perfect vampy color for the autumn and winter seasons. 
The packaging is a short, oval, black case with a sort of velvety suede finish (the only words I can use to describe it, lol). The odd shape is kind of cute, and it's so small! Perfect for throwing in my makeup bag. 
The formulation of Cranberry is matte and glides on smoothly. It does drag a little because of the texture, but if you apply a bit of balm before, application will be smooth. It lasts quite a while because it's a matte finish at around 4-5 hours, and it leaves behind a nice berry stain. 
Sadly, Sleek does not carry this shade anymore. Similar shades would be Cherry or Mulberry. At $6.49 on the Sleek website, it's at a similar price point to the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks.


I applied a nude lip liner and then Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #110 all over my lips. Then I patted on Sleek True Color Lipstick in Cranberry on top to deepen the color. I really liked the result, hehe.


Oh yeah, it's also perfect for Halloween :). 
There's a video for this lovely little spider look, if you'd like to watch it. I would love it if you left me a nice thumbs up :).


What do you think of my lipstick sandwich? Have you tried these lipsticks? 

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1