19 April 2015

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS LIQUID LIPSTICK IN SAD GIRL

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sad Girl. Deep, ruby, plum shades are my go-to shades. Anything that resembles MAC Rebel - ugh, yes! Anastasia Beverly Hills, known for killer brow products like the Brow Wiz and the Dip Brow Pomade have been releasing a wider range of beauty products like the Contour Kit, Eyeshadows, Liquid Lipsticks and Lip Glosses. While the price range for ABH products are in the high end spectrum, I do like to try out new things, so I picked up Sad Girl from the Liquid Lipstick range. At $20 a pop, I'm expecting magic here. 

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS LIQUID LIPSTICK IN SAD GIRL
The photo of my face above is not edited at all. I just put my face by a window with sunlight beaming through, and BAM! Instant photoshop ;). I'm also wearing Sad Girl over UD 24/7 Lip Pencil in Mrs. Mia Wallace. Any red lip liner will do, though. 

With a wide range of shades to choose from, there is a color for everyone under this beautiful sun. I prefer the reds, pinks, plums, and darks, but there are a few beautiful nude shades as well. Sad Girl is a gorgeous plum, ruby with fuchsia reflects throughout. It has a slight sheen when completely dry, and looks absolutely stunning. 

The formula for Sad Girl in particular is somewhat like a mousse. Application was not easy, but not too bad. I feel like some of the darker pigments clumped up, so it needed to be smoothed out. I did this with the wand as well as blending my lips together throughout application to spread the pigments more evenly. 

After a few minutes, the lipstick will set to a tacky yet not sticky finish. I do find that this formula is quite drying, and after a few hours, my lips feel the need to be soaked in butter and oil to regain moisture. I always follow up with an intense lip treatment after using Sad Girl. 

Lasting power is similar to other liquid lipsticks I've tried. If you eat oily foods, of course, this will degrade the lip product where the oils touch your mouth. If you drink through a straw and eat non-oily foods, it will last much longer. 

Overall, I love this shade so much! I would wear it everyday if my lips could handle it. However, due to the drying formula, I'm reserving the use of Sad Girl for days when my lips are feeling extra good. Is it worth $20? Depends on you, mostly. I'd much prefer these over Lime Crime any day.  

Have you tried any of the ABH lip products lately? I'm thinking of picking up a couple of the lip glosses soon!

Connect with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1