14 October 2014

MAKEUP SETTING SPRAYS | URBAN DECAY, MAC, & CLINIQUE

Makeup Setting Sprays. Do you need them? It depends. Not all makeup setting sprays are created equal. I've been trying out a few setting sprays these past few months, three high end brands a couple DIY recipes I've concocted myself. Here are my thoughts.

MAKEUP SETTING SPRAYS
URBAN DECAY DE-SLICK MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY FOR OIL CONTROL ($12 for 2 travel size 1oz here)
De-slick is meant to keep oil at bay throughout the day, helping makeup last longer and keeping skin shine-free. Does it work? On my oily skin, it works pretty well at keeping me shine free. I wouldn't use it under makeup, since my foundation doesn't tend to sit well on top of it. Others might have no issue with this though.

CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE FACE SPRAY THIRSTY SKIN RELIEF ($22 for 4.2oz here)
Moisture Surge quenches the skin's thirst, keeping it refreshed and dewy. Does it work? Yes, it does. It keeps my skin feeling cool and fresh, and it also sits nicely on top of my makeup. Don't use this if you don't like the dewy look, though. 

MAC Fix+ ($10 for travel size 1oz here)
Fix+ is used to set makeup and keep it looking radiant. Does it work? It works really well at keeping my makeup in place all day. It also adds a dewy, radiant finish, so if you like the matte look, only spritz a very small mist or use a different setting spray. 

Worth the price tag or should I DIY?
It depends really. If you like DIY projects, you might prefer to make your own sprays, as they work the same way, and you can experiment. All you need is some distilled water and glycerin. I like to use a 4 (water) to 1 (glycerin) ratio. The more glycerin you use, the more dewy (and sticky) the final product is. You can also add different essential oils to treat different skin issues and preferences. I personally like lemon and grapefruit, because they wake me up and smell really nice. You could add tea tree to calm and treat acne if your skin prefers it. 

If you like ready made products, there are really great deals on setting sprays. I always buy travel size versions, because I like to keep different kinds and brands handy. It's nice to have a variety to suit my moods. 

What do you think of setting sprays? Have any favorites?

Connect with me!

My latest video...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1