07 July 2014

BLOGGING CULTURE| SUNDAY SIT DOWN

Blogging Culture. I haven't done a sit down and think-about-it post in a while, so I figured that Sunday would be a good day to do that. After hearing so much about Youtube culture lately, I wanted to share my thoughts on blogging culture, what I thought it would be, and what I think about it now.


When I first started blogging a little over a year ago, I didn't know that I would be where I am at right now with my blog and with my friendships. I started blogging as a way to stay creative and share what I love about beauty and makeup, and it has turned into so much more than that. I have made some amazing friends, ones that I feel are much more "friend-like" than anyone I have ever known. 

Blogging used to be really intimidating. I started following blogs of all sizes, and I was quite surprised when "bigger" bloggers would respond to me. I shouldn't have been, because these bloggers are human too, and wonderful humans at that. Also, these girls are gorgeous! When I started, I was in the mind set that gorgeous girls = snobby and pretentious. But that is so untrue, and they've proven that to me. I've learned not to judge people by what they look like or even how big their blog is. I've also come to know that many bloggers have social anxiety issues like myself and are working through it, getting better through blogging, and it's made me more humble and able to connect in ways that I never thought possible. Yes, I'm still ridiculously reserved, but that's just me. 

I've learned that blogging is not a popularity contest, though some may make it out to be. I've been lucky enough to find and connect with such friendly and supportive bloggers, and while there are trolls out there, they are easily put out of my mind, because really, they're just bored individuals who have nothing better to do. Why waste my time on that? No need. They're called trolls for a reason.

While it's easy to get caught up in the statistics and sponsorships, it's really important to remember that if you love what you're doing, these things don't really matter in the end. So what if you have 5 million followers and people send you free stuff. If that makes you happy, then that's good, but if you can't connect and engage with your readers, then what's the point? What really does matter is the people, the connection. Make that connection, and you will see you and your blog grow in ways that you never thought possible. 

I am so very humbled to know that you amazing and beautiful people come to visit me on this little sliver of internet. You all leave such sweet and wonderful comments, and I am every so grateful. If I could hug you all, I definitely would! 

Evidence of one amazing blogger friendship - check out what Julie, The Salt Life Wife, got me for my birthday!

Thank you! I love you all!

Connect with me!


Meet Alan & Courtney from Southern Life NOLA!
A beautiful couple full of life and happiness, working together to create a sustainable and prosperous life all while helping others each step of the way. After battling thyroid cancer, Courtney turned to NeriumAD which helped lighten and reverse the scarring from surgery, and the results were amazing enough to prompt Alan and Courtney to join the Nerium team. Want to know more about this power couple? Check out their blog here, and their NeriumAD site here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1