23 March 2014

HOW TO MAKE PHOTOS BRIGHTER | BLOGGING TIPS

How to make photos brighter using Picmonkey. There are many ways to make your photos brighter, but for today's example, I'm using Picmonkey, since it's easily accessible, free (for the most part), and easy to use.

The first thing I want to address is photo quality. Take a photo as best you can: well-lit, no blurs, correct white balance (the color of the product in the photo is the actual color of the product in real life, not yellower, bluer, or greener), and as few shadows as possible. It's takes practice to figure out the setup that works best for you, but it's worth it, trust me.

Alrighty, let's brighten up some photos! Follow the blue arrows :).


Go to Picmonkey. Open up your photo by going to Edit > Computer (or wherever you saved your photo).

Your photo will load, and you will see the EDITING MENU on the left side. Scroll down until you find EXPOSURE.

Click EXPOSURE, and you'll see your adjustment options BRIGHTNESS, HIGHLIGHTS, SHADOWS, and CONTRAST.

 Move the dots around starting with brightness until you get the effect you want. This is all by personal preference. See my choices for this photo below. Once you're satisfied with how it looks, click APPLY.

You can click SAVE now if you wish, but I'm going to show you how I crop my photo to make the product the focal point. Scroll back up to CROP.

Move the highlighted box around until your product is just a bit off-center. Click APPLY.

To save, click SAVE.

 NAME your file, choose FILE SIZE (Pierce is usually a good option), and SAVE.

 This usually pops up - just click either extension. I usually just click the first one.

And you're done! 

Piece of cake, right? Hopefully this was helpful to some of you! :)

Connect with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1