24 February 2014

WEEKEND DELIGHTS | BROWN BUTTER BROWNIE SPECIAL

Brown Butter Brownies. Yum! I like a good brownie, but when you add some whipped cream cheese and cookies to the mix, oh my my... I just had to share! This is a recipe that I modified to fit my tastes, so feel free to change it up to your heart's content. 

FYI, all photos were taken with my iPhone...so I do apologize for the quality and the sun's craziness. Hope you still enjoy it! :)

I took a basic brownie box mix and switched it up a little bit, because well, that's just what like I do. Feel free to use your scratch mix and experiment, because I'm sure it'll be just as delicious!
First, instead of using oil, you're going to brown some butter. I used two sticks and browned up those babies to their nutty scrumptiousness. Set aside and cool. Preheat oven to 350F.
Ready for another secret ingredient? Ta-daaaa! Vanilla extract!
In a mixing bowl, add brownie mix, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and browned butter and mix. 
Throw in some chips - chocolate, white chocolate, mint chocolate, your choice.
Line a 9x13 in baking pan with parchment paper or butter it up to prevent sticking. Pour in the brownie mixture and bake for 25 minutes.
While that's baking, cream together Cool Whip (or use your homemade whipped cream), cream cheese, and sugar until smooth, light, and fluffy.
 Like so!
Crush some cookies! I used about 6 cookies (Keebler Chips Deluxe Rainbow Cookies). Feel free to use any kind.
Pull the brownies out of the oven and stick a fork in the middle. If it comes out clean, it's done. Let cool to room temperature.
Once cool, coat the brownies with a nice layer of the delicious whipped cream cheese topping.
 Sprinkle on the cookie crumbs.
And devour!

BROWN BUTTER BROWNIE SPECIAL

INGREDIENTS:
BROWNIES
1 Brownie box mix
2 Eggs
2 sticks (1/2 cup) Browned butter (instead of oil)
1/4 cup Milk (instead of water)
1 tsp Vanilla extract

TOPPING:
8 oz. Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
4 oz. Cream cheese
1 tbsp. Granulated sugar

DIRECTIONS:
BROWNIES
Brown 2 sticks butter in a pan and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine brownie mix, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and browned butter. 
Line a 9x13 in baking pan with parchment paper or grease with butter.
Pour brownie mixture into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until done. Place a fork into the middle of the pan, and if it comes out clean, brownies are done. Let cool to room temperature.
FOR TOPPING
Combine Cool Whip, cream cheese, and sugar. Mix until smooth.
Crush cookies for topping.
Layer over cooled brownies and sprinkle with crushed cookies. 
Cut up, serve, and enjoy!

Connect with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1