It's the weekend once again, and one of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to have a little pamper session. I'll take a nice long, cold shower (haven't had a water heater since before Y2K), do my nails, and make a nice face mask as a treat.
I like to create my own face masks at home, because it's cheap and really easy. My favorite mask is a honey and olive oil mask. Honey and olive oil are really good for your skin and aid in moisturizing and skin rejuvenation. Please ensure you're not allergic to these ingredients though!
Photo courtesy of SPAR
Photo courtesy of Greek Gold Olive OilRecipe
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (regular Olive Oil works fine too)
- Small bowl
- Fingers for mixing
- Pull hair away from face. I like to use a headband.
- Remove all traces of makeup, and cleanse face. Pat dry.
- Add ingredients to bowl, and mix well with fingers.
- Scoop up a bit of the mixture and gently massage into face.
- Continue to scoop more mixture and massage into skin for at least 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water or wipe away with a warm wash cloth and rinse.
- Pat dry.
- Go to sleep. :)
Skin will feel soft, supple, and will have a nice glow.
How do you like to spend your pamper evenings? Have you tried this mask? Thoughts?
Like what you see? Follow me :)