29 August 2013

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Back to Fuchsia

Ah yes, lipsticks, my new obsession. Never did I think it would get this bad. Well, ladies and gentlemen, never say never. Ever.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks are popping up on the blog network, and of course, I had to pick up a couple of shades and share them with you. The first shade I have is Back to Fuchsia.




The packaging is quite nice, with a blue/purple mirror finish housing and a silver band around the middle. The Rimmel crown is embossed on the top of the case, while the lipstick label is on the bottom.



Back to Fuchsia is a beautiful blue-toned pink shade, hence the name fuchsia. It is bold, and bright, but I think that even if you're a little color-shy, like I was, you could get along with this as it's so pretty!

Sorry, again a blurry swatch... need to bust out the tripod next time!



Here are some swatches, on my hand and then on my lips, for your viewing pleasure. As you can see, it's bright, but it's also very wearable. If you've seen my swatches of Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy, you'll see that Back to Fuchsia is a tad bit more wearable. It's just a gorgeous shade of pink!

The formulation is moisturizing and doesn't stick to my dry patches. It has a glossy finish, but does feel a bit tight after the lipstick has set on my lips. I really like that I can actually feel it set. I can't vouch for lasting power, because quite frankly, I didn't go anywhere, but I would assume 2-3 hours with eating or drinking, which is rather standard for lipsticks.

Here's a side by side comparison of Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Back to Fuchsia and Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy.

Rimmel Back to Fuchsia                                              Urban Decay Anarchy

Back to Fuchsia is just a bit less pigmented and less blue-toned. If you're not willing to shell out $22.00 for Anarchy, I'd bet you'd love Back to Fuchsia for around $8.00 at your local drugstore.

Do you own any Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks? What are your thoughts on this shade? What about compared to Anarchy? Talk to me ;).

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1