05 August 2013

Crock Pot Dessert: Hot Cocoa Cake

I've never used a crock pot (slow cooker) in my life, so I had to pick a recipe that looked delicious and promising. Of course, I chose a dessert, because that is the way to my heart. This recipe is quite old, but the picture is yummy, so I thought I'd share it with you. If you have a favorite crock pot recipe, don't forget to share it in our Mouthwatering Mondays link up for this week! :)

Hot Cocoa Cake
Photo from Pop Sugar
Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa Cake
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 10 servings
Cooking Spray (Sandra Lee recommends butter-flavor)
2 cups milk
1 box (18.25 ounce) chocolate cake mix
1 1/2 cups water
3 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 box (5 ounce) chocolate cook and serve pudding mix
Miniature marshmallows
Chcoolate flavored syrup
Directions
1. Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan, over high heat, heat milk until almost boiling. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, and canola oil. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl.
3. Transfer batter to prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle pudding mix over cake batter. Slow pour in hot milk.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours. (Do not lift lid for first 3 hours of cooking.)
5. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle cake with 1 cup of the marshmallows. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes to allow marshmallows to melt slightly.
6. Serve warm by scooping out cake. Top with additional marshmallows and chocolate-flavored syrup.
Recipe and photo from Pop Sugar

Have you ever made something like this before? What are your experiences with crock pot desserts?

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1