24 June 2013

My First Ipsy Bag

This month, I received my first ever beauty subscription package. Ipsy. I was introduced to Ipsy by a Youtuber buddy of mine, Christine, who is The Beautiverse. If you haven't checked out her channel, you're missing out, because her tutorials are so relaxed, easy to follow, and she's just all around beautiful and ever so sweet.  Give her some love, and tell her I sent you :).

I'm sure you're all familiar with subscription boxes. There are so much to choose from, and I pretty much signed up for Ipsy after seen the May Glam Bag on so many posts. I liked what I saw, and I asked Christine about it. She pointed me in the right direction.

Seeing as I live in the middle of the ocean, it took a while for my package to get here, but I was patient, and it was something to look forward to. I did receive a spoiler e-mail that I didn't know about. If you haven't received your bag yet and Ipsy sends you an e-mail regarding your "Glam Room", don't open it  yet unless you want to spoil your surprise, lol.

Here's what I received this month.
A pretty pink bubble package. 


Inside, there was an animal print makeup bag filled with all of these lovely goodies!
Products:
Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in Iron (comes with a built in brush). Iron is a dark gray with silve micro-shimmer. The packaging states that it is a Smudge-proof, 24 Hour wear, and safe for sensitive eyes. Retails for $21.00.
J. cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta. This is an extremely glittery palette that is intended for use on the face or body. Retails for $4.49.
Starlooks Lip Pencil in Bare. I received a nude shade, and the formula is not too stiff, but not too soft. It's perfectly in the middle. Retails for $12.00.
NYX Blush in Silky Rose. This blush is a gorgeous dusty rose shade. Retails for $5.00.
Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Crayon. It's a highlighter in pencil form. Retails for $18.00.
Total cost of products: $60.49
Cost of Ipsy Bag: $10.00
Savings: $50.49
Pretty freaking awesome. 
I don't know about you, but I was very worried that I wouldn't like what I got in my bag this month. A lot of people were a bit peeved that the glitter cream palette was included in the bag, because it's just not practical. I honestly, hate glitter on my face. I get borderline annoyed with very shimmery eyeshadows, but as long as the particles are not too big, I'll deal with it. I definitely won't be using that glitter palette. I think it's such a waste. I know some people like it and will have fun with it. If Ipsy had done more research, they wouldn't have had to waste all of those unwanted palettes.

How did you like your bag? Have I seen your post yet? Link me below! :)


Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1