03 June 2013

Cocktails in New York City

Hi!
I normally don't include text with my outfit posts, but this will be a bit different. There's this amazing fashion competition going on, and I found out about it at What I Heart Today by Lily Pebbles. You can view the post HERE, and she gives instructions and her outfit ideas for each category as well.

The general idea of the competition is to create an outfit for each category, and the entire outfit has to total less than £200. Pretty easy, right? I wish! This outfit took me a couple of hours to plan, LOL!

Now, I probably don't even qualify for this competition as I don't live anywhere near Europe, but I thought it would still be fun to try, since this is one of the main things I do on this blog. I'll be doing posts on each category one at a time, so keep on the lookout for the next category! Also, if you're willing to give it a go, you can check out the official page of the competition HERE. Enjoy!

Why I chose this outfit:
Even though I've never been to New York City, I just imagined myself going for cocktails, hanging out with friends, and chatting the night away. I chose pieces that I would be comfortable and confident wearing that also express my personal style. Also, I considered the weather - supposedly I'd be going for cocktails in the summer time (around the time this competition is over), so I want to dress for the warmer weather, but still have a little jacket handy in case it gets a bit chilly. 


Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1