20 July 2014

BLOGGING FRIENDSHIPS | SUNDAY SIT DOWN

Blogging Friendships. Last week, the topic was rather depressing, and while that reality still exists, today, I'd like to talk about one of the more positive aspects of being a blogger and a Youtuber. The community. Yes, there is the odd troll here and there, but there are so many more beautiful people out there that are some of the kindest people I have ever met in my 28 years of living. 
When it comes to beauty blogger friends, I've come to find that we are so much more connected through our interest in beauty and in blogging. Outsiders think we're crazy for hoarding ridiculous amounts of makeup or for talking to a camera and putting it out there for the world to see. They think we're nuts. We as bloggers get each other, and it's that understanding that draws a wonderful connection between us, even though we are oceans apart. And I love that.

I have made some of the greatest friends I have ever known through blogging and Youtube, and I feel so lucky and so blessed to know you all. Those of you who read my blog or watch my videos and leave comments and interact with me via social media. I love you all. For those of you who are making it huge, I admire you and respect you for still taking the time to talk to us smaller bloggers. You have no idea what that means to me. 

This pair of earrings was given to me by Julie, The Salt Life Wife. She wore these on her wedding day, and in one of the sweetest gestures I've ever known, she handed them down to me. Yes, me. I was utterly speechless when I read her note, and I was in tears, because I felt like someone's daughter for the first time in a long time. Though I love my parents dearly, no matter what, they aren't exactly the lovey-dovey emotionally connected type of parents. My dad is a goofball and my mom is prim and proper. Sometimes it's nice to feel emotionally connected, and Julie, thank you so much for everything.

I really do believe that the friendships we form as bloggers can be lasting friendships, and they may even mean more than our "real-life" friendships. Regardless, I am truly honored to be in the presence of such amazingly talented and beautiful individuals. Every day, you teach me something new, and I am so very happy to know you.

Thank you, all. :)



Connect with me!

Meet Alan & Courtney from Southern Life NOLA!
A beautiful couple full of life and happiness, working together to create a sustainable and prosperous life all while helping others each step of the way. After battling thyroid cancer, Courtney turned to NeriumAD which helped lighten and reverse the scarring from surgery, and the results were amazing enough to prompt Alan and Courtney to join the Nerium team. Want to know more about this power couple? Check out their blog here, and their NeriumAD site here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1