DIY Natural Lip Balm. Today was a simple, lazy Saturday (thank goodness). The week was really busy, so I'm enjoying the down time. Since I haven't done a DIY beauty product in a while, I figured I'd whip up some good ol' natural lip balm. These are only tinted and don't actually provide color when applied, but it's nice to look at, lol. They do leave my lips feeling soft and moisturized throughout the day. I think they turned out pretty well and really cute!
1 Tbsp Beeswax
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 Tbsp Jojoba Oil
1/2 Tbsp Castor Oil
2 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Lipstick shavings (optional, for tinting)
2 Pots or tins (small)
Label Stickers (optional)
- Gather your supplies.
- Combine beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil in a glass bowl (can't be used for food after). Place over a double boiler.
- Cover and melt over medium heat.
- Once melted, it should appear completely clear.
- Carefully remove glass bowl from pot and place on a coaster.
- Add in essential oil one drop at a time, until you're satisfied with the scent. I used 2 drops.
- Add in lipstick shavings a little at a time until you're satisfied with the tint. The final color will be a light, pastel version of the lipstick color. Note: Using lipstick in this formula will take away the 100% natural claim.
- Carefully stir until mixed well.
- Using a spoon or dropper, transfer mixture to pots.
- Let cool uncovered for at least 1 hour.
- Decorate the lid.
- Enjoy your homemade lip balm!
Note: Tools used for creating non-food items should be delegated for non-food usage only. Don't use your eating spoon or your favorite cereal bowl for these projects.
What do you think? Have you ever made your own lip balm before?
Connect with me!
Meet Laura, the beautiful girl from Demand Beauty. While focusing on her education, Laura turns to her blog for a nice distraction from the world of A-levels. Head on over to say hi!