20 August 2013

Bacon Jam Breakfast Sandwich with Fried Egg and Avocado

If you're like me, you don't discriminate between eating times. Whether or not it's breakfast time, I'll eat eggs and toast whenever I feel like it. Which is almost every meal. I have a problem, lol. This is my contribution to the Mouthwatering Mondays Link Up: Breakfast Food for Dinner Edition. 

I found this picture on Pinterest which led me to the recipe for this delicious concoction. Have you heard of Bacon Jam? Me neither. There's a recipe in here for that too! The best part? You can go from making to EATING in 10 minutes. Yes, please. 

Photo courtesy of Closet Cooking

Open faced fried egg sandwiches with sweet, salty, smoky and spicy bacon jam and cool and creamy avocado.

Servings: makes 2 servings

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon bacon grease or butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 slices bread, lightly toasted (I used multigrain)
  • 1/4 cup bacon jam, warm
  • 2 avocados, sliced
  • 8 slices bacon, cooked (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Heat the bacon grease in a pan over medium heat, add the eggs and fry sunny side up, about 2-3 minutes.
  2. Assemble sandwiches and enjoy.

Are you hungry now? Do you eat breakfast foods for lunch or dinner or vice versa? ;)

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1