10 July 2013

How to Get Eye Makeup to Stay in Place All Day

Who here has a problem with oily lids? I do. Let me first describe the climate where I live. I live on a tropical island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, a bit too close to the Equator for my taste. The temperature during the day typically ranges from 85F-100F, sometimes more. 85F is COLD here, no joke. The humidity is typically around 75 - 90%. So on days when I do decide to venture out and face the sun, I have to be sure that my eye makeup will not end up on my cheeks. No one wants that. Eye makeup should be on the eyes!

I've come up with a routine to prep my eyelids for the glamorous eyeshadow and eyeliner application. If you watch my videos, then you already know what I'm going to tell you.


I have been a fan of Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula) since I started college several years ago. It really does help my makeup stay put. However, I recently discovered MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly, and I can honestly say that I love the thing. It evens out my eyelids' skin tone, makes them look less veiny and more like nice skin. My eye makeup also applies more smoothly. 

My routine is this:
First I apply UDPP on my entire lid up to my brows, and then I take it around the corners and under my eyes as well. I emphasize this on the outer corner of my eyes, because mine tend to get watery due to allergies. Adding a little extra in that area helps so much. 
Next, I apply Painterly on top, all over my lid up to my brows. I don't take this down to the bottom lid, because it tends to cake up down there. 

To some, it may be a hassle to add these extra steps, but for me, it is such a lifesaver - or makeup saver. While my face is sweating itself out, my eye makeup stays put all day long, and I know I don't have to worry about it no matter how hot it is outside. 

Where to buy: You can find UDPP for $20 here and MAC's Painterly for $18.50 here

Up next - How to keep my face in place. ;).

How do you get your eye makeup to stay in place? Name your favorite primer, if you have one!

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1